Friday, May 7, 2010

Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

I attended a 1st Friday mass here in the office few hours ago. Accordingly, first Friday is intended for the devotion of Sacred Heart of Jesus.

I remember when I was still in Butuan, I was still suffering from depression then (caused by my ex-husband's betrayal), I found solace in churches be it in Lianga, or at Butuan's Sto. Niño Shrine or Cathedral.

One Friday late afternoon, I just arrived in Butuan from a special audit in Lianga, I decided to drop by the Cathedral. There I chanced upon devotees of Sacred Heart of Jesus doing the praise and worship.

The feeling I had while I was in the church was indescribable. It was as if the deep burden I was carrying in my heart then was unloaded... That is, after I silently sobbed while kneeling and praying inside the church.  I even covered my face with my already tear-soaked handkerchief just to cover myself.  I was hoping I would not be identified by people and just be plainly oblivious to other churchgoers.

But please, don't get me wrong.  I am not boasting that I am a prayerful person.  I would just like to express what I went through when I was still nursing a badly bruised heart.

Anyway, since then, I became a devotee. But considering that I could not keep up with the church's early schedule of devotion, I decided to buy a prayer handbook and pray in the comforts of my bedroom.

The healing process was not easy... It took so much time... With the help of prayer, I gradually learned to deal not only with my depression but also, forgiveness...

1 comment:

ME said...

I understand how painful it is.. Ive been in that situation and until Im still hurts. But with God's Love and mercy I can smile again. Actually I stop posting the continuation of MyLifeStory for a while but I will continue to post MyLifeStory after some issues.. God Bless you. Thanks for following..following u too..

Related Posts with Thumbnails