Wednesday, April 9, 2008

introducing his lovechild..

if i'm not mistaken, that was in the latter part of july 2003. that night, he came home from a party smelling beer. then as we were ready for bed, he told me of a story that a friend of his confided to him. accordingly, his friend found out that he has a love child from a woman he met while he was still in high school..

he was confused whether to tell his wife about his lovechild.. but he promised that should the wife accept him and his child, he wouldn't let his role as a father interfere with his marriage and he would love his wife more for that. then, my husband asked me, "if you were the wife, how would you take it?"

while he was relaying these things, i was already praying that he was not talking about himself. but i guess i just have to face the grim reality.. so, i answered, "well, if he could keep his promise and he let bygones be bygones, then i guess i should accept him and his child..". then he looked me in the eye and said, "i am that man.."

although i was already half-expecting it, i was still not ready when he blurted out the news. i cried.. he kept on reassuring me that everything will be alright. a thought was screaming in my mind, will somebody please wake me up from this nightmare?!

but no, the nightmare is becoming a reality.. from then on..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails